When 6-year-old Mable learned that Edmonton Oilers’ captain Andrew Ference had been kidnapped, she wasted no time transforming into her superhero alter-ego to save the day.
Mable was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in 2013 and has spent much of her treatment time reading Spider-Man comic books, reports MTV. The Children’s Wish Foundation and the city of Edmonton, Alberta, decided to join forces to fulfill Mable’s dream of teaming up with her favorite superhero for a day.
The little girl woke up on Monday morning to an Action 7 “newscast’ that Ference was missing and in peril. She quickly suited up into her SpiderMable costume to save the beloved hockey player.
SpiderMable met with Mayor Don Iveson and several other officials to learn more about the masked villain threatening her city and to help solve the crime.
Her spidey sense eventually led her to the Edmonton Valley Zoo where she rescued Ference from the evil clutches of Mysterio using her spider string.
The Oilers captain was extremely grateful for the mini superhero’s help. He took to Twitter to thank Mable.
“What a day! Thank you for saving me #SpiderMable! That Mysterio is one bad dude. You are a real superhero!” he tweeted.
Of course, it was all in a day’s work for the young Mable.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time