Every day, police have to put a stop to some type of monkey business. But on Monday morning, Florida cops got a call about an actual monkey at the center of some monkey business.
Shortly after 8:00 a.m., someone called 911 to report a monkey sitting on top of a mailbox, eating mail, in the Hidden Lakes subdivision of Sanford. When officers from the Sanford Police Department showed up, the monkey was found climbing a street sign. They used a water bottle to “lure” the animal towards their patrol car, the public information officer said, which distracted the animal for a bit. But then it leapt to the top of the vehicle and started to pull off the molding before its owner, a Sanford resident, came and identified him as “Zeek.”
Sanford Police Department posted the following photos and videos of the incident on Facebook:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time