Scientists announced that they have discovered signs of water on Mars in a NASA press conference Monday morning, fueling questions about whether life could survive on the red planet. Naturally, jokes flowed on Twitter, including barbs from actors, comedians, writers and YouTube celebrities. Some even made jokes about actor Matt Damon, who plays a stranded astronaut in The Martian, which opens in theaters this weekend. Here is a glimpse at some of the funniest reactions to the out-of-this-world news on Twitter:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving