A California judge granted Caitlyn Jenner’s request to legally change her name and gender on Friday.
The decision from Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gerald Rosenberg means Jenner can now obtain government documents, such as a driver’s license, under her new name with the gender designated as female, the Associated Press reports.
The decision comes about five months after Jenner first spoke publicly about her gender identity in a 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer. The first season of her reality show I Am Cait ended earlier this month.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com