A California judge granted Caitlyn Jenner’s request to legally change her name and gender on Friday.
The decision from Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gerald Rosenberg means Jenner can now obtain government documents, such as a driver’s license, under her new name with the gender designated as female, the Associated Press reports.
The decision comes about five months after Jenner first spoke publicly about her gender identity in a 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer. The first season of her reality show I Am Cait ended earlier this month.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow