Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said in a new interview that “there’s nothing like God.”
Trump, who has been divorced and remarried multiple times, has seen his religious bona fides questioned by some evangelicals, who represent a key constituency in the GOP primary race.
Asked by the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody “who is God to you?” Trump answered:
“Well I say God is the ultimate. You know you look at this? Here we are on the Pacific Ocean. How did I ever own this? I bought it fifteen years ago. I made one of the great deals they say ever. I have no more mortgage on it as I will certify and represent to you. And I was able to buy this and make a great deal. That’s what I want to do for the country. Make great deals. We have to, we have to bring it back, but God is the ultimate. I mean God created this and here’s the Pacific Ocean right behind us. So nobody, no thing, no there’s nothing like God.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science