The papacy has been through a lot in its multi-millennial history. Since St. Peter became the first pope shortly after the dawn of the common era, the leader of the Catholic Church has influenced major global events and clashed with kings and scientists alike, all while overseeing the workings of the church and leading a worldwide community of the faithful.
As Pope Francis makes his first visit to the United States, landing in Washington D.C. on Tuesday, here’s a timeline of the pope throughout the ages.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive