Pope Francis is only the fourth pope to ever visit the United States, so what better way to commemorate the monumentally historic occasion than with…an ephemeral self-deleting photo app?
Snapchat has added a new local filter for the Pope’s arrival in Washington D.C., and similar filters may show up when the Pope visits Philadelphia and New York later this week. The filter features an illustration of the Pope in the Popemobile along with the words “They see me rollin'” in a nod to Chamillionaire’s now decade-old Grammy-winning hit “Ridin’.” Do the kids using Snapchat today even remember 2005? Is there a prize for anybody who uses the filter with a snap of the actual Pope?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space