Pope Francis is only the fourth pope to ever visit the United States, so what better way to commemorate the monumentally historic occasion than with…an ephemeral self-deleting photo app?
Snapchat has added a new local filter for the Pope’s arrival in Washington D.C., and similar filters may show up when the Pope visits Philadelphia and New York later this week. The filter features an illustration of the Pope in the Popemobile along with the words “They see me rollin'” in a nod to Chamillionaire’s now decade-old Grammy-winning hit “Ridin’.” Do the kids using Snapchat today even remember 2005? Is there a prize for anybody who uses the filter with a snap of the actual Pope?
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out