Pope Francis is only the fourth pope to ever visit the United States, so what better way to commemorate the monumentally historic occasion than with…an ephemeral self-deleting photo app?
Snapchat has added a new local filter for the Pope’s arrival in Washington D.C., and similar filters may show up when the Pope visits Philadelphia and New York later this week. The filter features an illustration of the Pope in the Popemobile along with the words “They see me rollin'” in a nod to Chamillionaire’s now decade-old Grammy-winning hit “Ridin’.” Do the kids using Snapchat today even remember 2005? Is there a prize for anybody who uses the filter with a snap of the actual Pope?
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating