Donald Trump high-fived him. He complimented him on being higher energy. But five days after the Republican debate, Trump is back to trolling Jeb Bush on Instagram.
In his latest Instagram post, Trump bashes Bush on Jeb’s admission during the debate that he smoked marijuana.
The post includes clips of Jeb’s more controversial moments, along with Jeb’s confession from the debate: “So, 40 years ago, I smoked marijuana.”
Trump’s Instagram video then overlays the type, “Are we sure it was only 40 years ago?” followed by the Trump mantra, “Make America great again.”
It’s the type of attack Trump has perfected in the months since he entered the race, and that he is apparently continuing to employ after post-debate polls showed him sliding compared with Carly Fiorina and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
A Bush spokesperson responded with self-described mockery.
Update: After this post was published, a Bush spokesman wrote to say his tweet was made in mockery, not exasperation. The post has been updated.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was