Following her Emmy win for Outstanding Variety Sketch Series, Amy Schumer received a heartfelt congratulations from her new BFF, Jennifer Lawrence.
“She said that I looked pretty but not smart,” the Inside Amy Schumer actress told Entertainment Tonight, laughing. “She did! She’s really funny. She’s the real deal funny.”
Unfortunately, it will be a very long “year or something” before Schumer and Lawrence are able to shoot the screenplay they wrotewith Schumer’s younger sister, Kim.
Finally, though Schumer is officially an Emmy winner, still nothing can compare to getting spanked by Madonna onstage at Madison Square Garden in N.Y.C. last week.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms