Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says that when Iranians chant “death to America,” they don’t mean they want to kill Americans. Instead, he says, the slogan is a condemnation of American policy.
Rouhani explained the controversial chant to CBS’s Steve Kroft in an interview that will air on 60 Minutes on Sunday:
The interview was President Rouhani’s first with a Western journalist since the Iran deal was made in July.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time