Ahmed Mohamed, the Texas teenager who was arrested after a teacher mistook his homemade clock for a bomb, has received an outpouring of encouragement and support in the past three days: President Obama told him to bring his clock to the White House, Hillary Clinton told him “stay curious and keep building” and Mark Zuckerberg invited him to swing by Facebook’s headquarters.
Now in the wake of the #IStandWithAhmed hashtag, Spotify is getting in on the action, sending the 14-year-old “good vibes & upbeat jams” with a playlist that’s full of positive messages from artists like Daft Punk, Mos Def, Katy Perry and Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis. (Hey Spotify, you missed some good ones—where are the good vibes for Thomas Dolby’s “She Blinded Me With Science” and the Dandy Warhols’ “I Am a Scientist”?)
Listen to the playlist here.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working