Universal Studios is offering the first glimpse of its vision for the West Coast’s new Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.
The original park was a magical success in Orlando, opening in 2010 and bringing park revenue up 17% in 2014. Universal also opened a Harry Potter amusement park in Japan before deciding to expand to California.
The first poster for Hollywood’s Harry Potter park shows The Chosen One with his wand at the ready, Hogwarts and Hogsmeade in the background.
The theme park will be similar to the one in Orlando, featuring a world inspired by J.K. Rowling’s bestselling series and the film adaptations. Visitors will get to sip Butterbeer, eat at The Three Broomsticks and even wear Quidditch-like goggles on a 3-D ride called Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Universal Studios Hollywood will also get its first outdoor roller coaster, appropriately named Flight of the Hippogriff. The park is set to open in the spring of 2016.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org