A man with a history of mental illness crashed a car into a security gate in Waco, Tx. in an attempt to steal a jet, police say.
The Waco Police Department posted on Facebook that the man gained access to the tarmac of the Waco Regional Airport after crashing through the gate. He reportedly tried to break into a parked Lear Jet. Workers nearby noticed the man’s attempts and alerted an off-duty officer, who tazed and later subdued the man with the help of bystanders.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital for a mental evaluation. Officers say he may have been under the influence of drugs during the incident.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up