A man with a history of mental illness crashed a car into a security gate in Waco, Tx. in an attempt to steal a jet, police say.
The Waco Police Department posted on Facebook that the man gained access to the tarmac of the Waco Regional Airport after crashing through the gate. He reportedly tried to break into a parked Lear Jet. Workers nearby noticed the man’s attempts and alerted an off-duty officer, who tazed and later subdued the man with the help of bystanders.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital for a mental evaluation. Officers say he may have been under the influence of drugs during the incident.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body