Officers in Florida discovered over 3,700 blades and knives in the home of a woman they were seeking to arrest for violating her parole. The woman used at least one of the thousands of blades to try to harm an officer.
Deputies traveled to the home of Nickole Dykema Tuesday evening where probation officers were attempting to serve her several warrants, according to a press release from the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office. Instead of cooperating with the officers, Dykema reportedly hid inside her home and cursed at them. When officers forced their way in, they say she wielded a large blade and nearly stabbed a sergeant.
Upon entering the home, officers noticed several rooms filled with throngs of blades and knives—at least 500 per room in the trailer. A Hernando County spokesperson told CNN the home was also replete with fake body parts, prop skulls, and Satanic images.
Dykema’s neighbors told WTSP in Florida that she had been “terrorizing” them; security footage from one her neighbor’s homes showed her slashing window screens and an air conditioning unit. The security footage is what drew officers to her home on Tuesday.
According to WTSP, it took “5 hours and 2 rounds of bean bag bullets, and a stun gun” to finally secure Dykema and officers sustained cuts and injuries in process. She is currently in custody.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve