Lorde attended Kanye West’s “Yeezy Season 2” New York Fashion Week show on Wednesday and fans quickly noticed that something about her appearance was a little off.
The 18-year-old singer showed up to the event rocking her signature winged eyeliner, but only on one eye. Her other eye was red and puffy and appeared to be makeup-free.
Anticipating the speculation about her appearance, Lorde posted a picture to Instagram of her getting ready for the NYFW show that featured the unhealthy-looking eye. She captioned the photo, “one question: what happened to your eye?”
After the show, she took to the photo-sharing site again to further explain her condition.
“The skin is peeling off my lips and hands these days i very rarely see the sun and my eye is weeping and screaming and it’s fashion week and everyone already thinks i’m strange,” she wrote. “And it’s a kanye show where the freaks are beautiful so why not say f–k it and let’s dance with the melodrama?”
In a tweet also posted on Wednesday, Lorde hinted that the trouble with her eye was caused by her non-stop work schedule.
“i work every night and through the weekend and my body falls apart / i go see a show / watch my good eye open slow,” she tweeted.
However, the singer still seemed to have a great time sitting in the front row at Fashion Week.
“The show was crazy I got to wear sneakers and had the best bear hug from [Drake] and now I’m in bed in a sweater editing something cool for you guys to see very soon,” she wrote on Instagram.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023