If there’s one thing that horror movies and pregnancy announcement videos have in common it’s that everyone always seems happy—at least at the beginning. That’s when things in horror films generally take a sharp detour into pure nightmare material while typical pregnancy announcements stay incredibly, nauseatingly chipper. Not so for Judy and Gavin Holt’s announcement. The couple took a page out of the horror genre and made a downright frightening birth announcement.
“I can feel it grow inside of me,” whispers Judy, while extreme camera angles and ominous music set the scene. A voiceover darkly announces: “There’s something in the oven!” Could it be a bun?
After a frightening trip to the doctor (“What’s happening to me?” Judy pleads) and an extreme close-up of a jar of Prego pasta sauce (get it?), soon enough, the message becomes clear: there’s a baby on the way. Hopefully one that doesn’t mind having extremely goofy parents.
Though a lot of viral pregnancy announcements come under fire for seeming (or actually being) fake, this video is so out there and unexpected it should still earn the creative couple a foot in the door in Hollywood’s horror community.
[H/T Daily Dot]
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears