Andy George took home cooking to its loftiest heights.
The YouTuber spent six months and $1,500 making a sandwich completely from scratch. The do-it-yourself poster child grew a garden for vegetables, milked cows for cheese, extracted salt from the sea, milled wheat for flour, baked bread and slaughtered a chicken.
George even had an unexpected run in with the law when airport security mistook his bag of salt for an illegal substance. Speaking with T.S.A. is not a step you find in too many cook books.
So how did George’s sandwich taste after all his work?
“It’s not bad,” he said. “That’s about it.”
See for yourself in the video, but be warned, there is brief footage of chicken slaughter.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time