The Secret Service has long given codenames to the Presidents and their families. Ronald Reagan, for example, was known as Rawhide.
So at the Republican presidential debate Wednesday, moderator Jake Tapper asked the candidates what they would like for their name.
Here’s what they said:
Chris Christie: True Heart
John Kasich: Unit One, after his Ohio codename
Carly Fiorina: Secretariat, after the Triple Crown-winning horse
Scott Walker: Harley, for his love of motorcycles
Jeb Bush: Everready, a type of battery because it’s “high energy”
Donald Trump: Humble
Ben Carson: One Nation
Ted Cruz: Cohiba, a type of Cuban cigar
Marco Rubio: Gator, after the University of Florida sports team
Mike Huckabee: Duck Hunter
Rand Paul: Justice Never Sleeps
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time