Police in Irving, Texas released a photo of the clock built by a 14-year-old high schooler that was mistaken for a bomb.
Ahmed Mohamed, the teen who built the device, was detained on Monday after a teacher reported the clock as a threat. A police investigation confirmed that the clock posed no danger, and Mohamed was released without charges.
Mohamed’s arrest led to uproar on social media with many alleging that the teen had been the victim of profiling because he is Muslim. President Barack Obama and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton were among the many supporters who wished him well.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time