Years before Donald Trump began his run for president, the billionaire met Daniel Radcliffe and said what the Harry Potter star describes as the most “Trump-ish thing.”
The meeting happened when the two crossed paths on the Tonight Show, Radcliffe said in an interview with The Big Issue. Radcliffe told Trump that he wouldn’t know what to say on air. “‘You just tell them that you met Mr Trump!'” Trump reportedly told Radcliffe.
Radcliffe, who recently endorsed Jeremy Corbyn’s accession to the top spot in the Labour Party, said he thinks Donald Trump’s candidacy may be a secret gambit to throw support behind Hillary Clinton.
“If Trump was secretly working for Clinton to help her win, what would he be doing differently?” he asked.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve