Porsche unveiled its new Mission E electric car concept at the International Auto Show in Frankfurt, Bloomberg reported.
The 600-horsepower vehicle will be able to reach 100 kilometers per hour (62 mph) in 3.5 seconds, beating the 4.2 seconds of the newest generation Porsche 911. It’s expected to reach the market within five years.
Matthias Mueller, head of the Volkswagen AG unit, said that this concept is “better than a Tesla.” Its battery charges to 80% in 15 minutes, half the time it takes a Tesla vehicle to charge. The Mission E will also have a range of 500 kilometers as compared to Tesla’s 270.
Tesla is becoming a serious competitor for luxury car brands, forcing them to up their game. Mueller spoke at the Frankfurt auto show saying that Tesla “did a very good job, especially in terms of connectivity. Some things about the car itself could be better, but OK. That is our competition.”
Deliveries of Tesla’s new Model X will start on Sept. 29, and we can expect a more affordable vehicle in the near future.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears