Two high school students were killed and two others were injured after a bus went sailing over a highway overpass in Houston on Tuesday morning, school officials said. The bus driver was also hurt in the crash.
The Houston Fire Department responded to the wreck just after 7 a.m. local time, Senior Captain Ruy Lozano told NBC News. The Houston Independent School District wrote on its blog that a female student died at the scene, and a second female student later died of her injuries.
The other two students aboard the bus and the driver were “seriously injured” and taken to…
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now