On The Late Show Monday night, the U.S. Open Men’s Singles Champion Novak Djokovic showed off the trophy he won by defeating Roger Federer the day before and defended his title by serving a tennis ball right at Stephen Colbert.
All the comedian had to protect himself with was a version of Captain America’s shield that Marvel gave him. The Serbian tennis player, who can serve at a speed of up to 130 mph, hit the shield on the first try — aced it, if you will. And, luckily, he did not seem to injure the late-night host.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow