After Monday night’s episode of “WWE Raw” went off the air, John Cena pointed out a very special little girl in the crowd — Kiara Grindrod, a 7-year-old cancer survivor.
Cena congratulated Grindrod for recovering from the disease and then went out into the stands, joined by fellow wrestler Sting, to greet and hug her. Both wrestlers presented the little girl with gifts, with Sting giving her one of his famed gloves.
“On behalf of Sting, myself and every person behind that screen, we sincerely want to thank you for being our guest tonight, for being an inspiration to not only us in the ring, but every single person outside the ring and around the world,” Cena said. “You’re seven years old and I am proud to say, you have beat the battle against cancer.”
The crowd gave it up for the little girl, loudly applauding while chanting “YES” and “This is awesome.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science