Playboy has released its annual ranking of the top party schools for 2015. While Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, has been on the list four times, it finally cinched the top spot this year.
That may not be a surprise to current students and alums, given the block parties, which take place during the college music festival #Fest and Halloween (aka “HallOUeen”) and throughout the spring semester. Some block parties have ended with burning couches. Revelers have also been known to hang out on a hilltop nicknamed “Bong Hill” and go bar-hopping in the Appalachian college town.
Here’s the full list:
1. Ohio University
2. University of Iowa
3. Florida State University
4. Tulane University
5. University of Illinois
6. University of Texas
7. Syracuse University
8. University of Wisconsin
9. University of Mississippi
10. University of Michigan
Playboy magazine editors chose the schools on this list based on “access to nightlife and musical events, and creativity when planning social gatherings,” and a reader’s poll. Last year, the University of Pennsylvania topped the ranking.
Several of the educational institutions on Playboy‘s list also appear on Princeton Review‘s list of the top party schools released last month, including Syracuse University, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Iowa.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State