Playboy has released its annual ranking of the top party schools for 2015. While Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, has been on the list four times, it finally cinched the top spot this year.
That may not be a surprise to current students and alums, given the block parties, which take place during the college music festival #Fest and Halloween (aka “HallOUeen”) and throughout the spring semester. Some block parties have ended with burning couches. Revelers have also been known to hang out on a hilltop nicknamed “Bong Hill” and go bar-hopping in the Appalachian college town.
Here’s the full list:
1. Ohio University
2. University of Iowa
3. Florida State University
4. Tulane University
5. University of Illinois
6. University of Texas
7. Syracuse University
8. University of Wisconsin
9. University of Mississippi
10. University of Michigan
Playboy magazine editors chose the schools on this list based on “access to nightlife and musical events, and creativity when planning social gatherings,” and a reader’s poll. Last year, the University of Pennsylvania topped the ranking.
Several of the educational institutions on Playboy‘s list also appear on Princeton Review‘s list of the top party schools released last month, including Syracuse University, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Iowa.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time