About 40,000 lucky New Yorkers won free tickets to see Pope Francis cruise through Central Park on Sep. 25, and several of them have already taken to Craiglist to attempt to resell them them.
Some people are asking for as much as $5,000 for a pair of tickets for the event, which is really just an opportunity to see the Pope’s motorcade swing by. Others are looking for $2,000 while some will simply accept the best offer. Someone else is promising to donate whatever profit he gets to a friend who suffered sexual abuse by a Catholic priest, New York magazine reports.
Oh, and some people are really loading their posts with all the relevant key words, like the person who posted: “Pope Francis Central Park Procession NYC 2 Tickets Catholic Jesus New.”
The New York City mayor’s office told New York that these listings will all be removed, so you’ll need to act fast.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve