Donald Trump has reportedly bought 100% of the Miss Universe Organization, which includes the Miss USA Pageant.
Trump previously owned 50% of the organization, while NBC owned the other 50%. The two feuded after Trump’s controversial remarks about Mexican immigrants; the network subsequently refused to air the Miss USA pageant, which instead aired on Reelz with lower ratings than previous years.
Trump tweeted the news on Friday morning, promising more details soon, and a Trump spokesman confirmed it to the AP. NBC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer