A deserving pup named Bretagne just had a birthday to remember. BarkBox, a pet food and gifts subscription service, shared a video about a New York City celebration for the golden retriever that worked with Texas Task Force 1 and handler Denise Corliss to help search for victims trapped in the rubble of the fallen World Trade Center towers in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks.
Corliss and the canine — said to be one of the last surviving 9/11 search dogs — were recently treated to a suite at 1 Hotel Central Park, a vintage taxi ride through Times Square, a visit to the sprinklers at Hudson River Park and a Tiffany & Co. sterling silver bone, in addition to other colorful pet toys.
In recent years, Bretagne has still worked as a service dog, keeping elementary school students with special needs company as they learn to read.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow