Ikea has a knack for poking fun at the self-seriousness of Apple’s product announcements, and the furniture store has taken another shot at the iPhone-maker following the company’s latest announcements.
Ikea Singapore has premiered a new ad mocking the Apple Pencil, a $99 stylus Apple unveiled Tuesday as an accessory to the new super-sized iPad Pro. The ad features a hand clutching one of the small wooden Ikea pencils the company gives out at its store entrance, set against a stark white background that is commonplace with Apple advertisements.
It’s hardly the first time Ikea has taken a dig at the computer giant. In a video ad last year, the company pitched its print furniture catalog as a high-tech gadget called the Bookbook.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate