A New Yorker who captured a remarkable view saw his photos go viral on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary.
Ben Sturner noticed a rainbow that appeared to emanate from One World Trade Center from the terrace of his Queens apartment on Thursday morning, according to NBC. He took photographs and posted them on Twitter, writing, “Amazing NYC Rainbow today. Originating from #worldtradecenter the day before #911.”
The images were quickly picked up by news media, and Twitter users responded that the photos were “amazing” and gave them “chills.”
Sturner followed up on the view Friday morning, showing dark clouds over Lower Manhattan on the actual anniversary of the attacks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org