Move over Gryffindor, there’s a new house in the spotlight.
Hufflepuff is the Hogwarts house to watch, according to Harry Potterauthor J.K. Rowling. The author tweeted on Wednesday, “This is starting to feel like the dawn of the Age of Hufflepuff.”
The latest Hufflepuff to make waves is Newt Scamander, the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. He’ll be making his way to the big screen in the upcoming film of the same name, starring Eddie Redmayne. Shooting for the film began last month in England.
Hufflepuffs are known to be loyal, true, and hard-working, with famous members including founder Helga Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory (R.I.P.), and Nymphadora Tonks. The author recently revealed Tonks’ son with Remus Lupin, Teddy Lupin, had followed in his mother’s footsteps and was sorted into Hufflepuff, eventually becoming Head Boy of the House.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com