Move over Gryffindor, there’s a new house in the spotlight.
Hufflepuff is the Hogwarts house to watch, according to Harry Potterauthor J.K. Rowling. The author tweeted on Wednesday, “This is starting to feel like the dawn of the Age of Hufflepuff.”
The latest Hufflepuff to make waves is Newt Scamander, the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. He’ll be making his way to the big screen in the upcoming film of the same name, starring Eddie Redmayne. Shooting for the film began last month in England.
Hufflepuffs are known to be loyal, true, and hard-working, with famous members including founder Helga Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory (R.I.P.), and Nymphadora Tonks. The author recently revealed Tonks’ son with Remus Lupin, Teddy Lupin, had followed in his mother’s footsteps and was sorted into Hufflepuff, eventually becoming Head Boy of the House.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year