He Who Must Not Be Named? More like He Who Must Not Be Correctly Pronounced.
Okay, so she might be one of the the only people who says it that way. But it means Jim Dale, the narrator of the U.S. Potter audiobooks, pronounced it how Rowling imagined it.
But Voldy is not alone. The evil wizard shares the silent ‘T’ with comedian Stephen Colbert.
And of course, as with all things Rowling, there’s meaning behind it. The french word ‘mort,’ pronounced with a silent T, means death.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization