He Who Must Not Be Named? More like He Who Must Not Be Correctly Pronounced.
Okay, so she might be one of the the only people who says it that way. But it means Jim Dale, the narrator of the U.S. Potter audiobooks, pronounced it how Rowling imagined it.
But Voldy is not alone. The evil wizard shares the silent ‘T’ with comedian Stephen Colbert.
And of course, as with all things Rowling, there’s meaning behind it. The french word ‘mort,’ pronounced with a silent T, means death.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time