A pair of five-year-old boys in Russia managed to escape their kindergarten by digging a hole under a fence with toy spades and went on a daring mission to buy a sports car.
The intrepid youngsters had apparently been digging their escape route for several days, writes Agence France-Presse.They then made their move when teachers and students were on a walk in the kindergarten grounds.
After breaking free of their nursery school in the city of Magnitogorsk, in the Urals region, the pair walked just over a mile to a luxury car showroom.
When a woman saw the unaccompanied boys and asked what they were doing, they replied that they wanted to buy a Jaguar but didn’t have any money, local paper Komsomolskaya Pravda reported. The children were then taken to a police station.
The teacher in charge at the time has been fired from the kindergarten and the acting head was given a warning.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart