A pair of five-year-old boys in Russia managed to escape their kindergarten by digging a hole under a fence with toy spades and went on a daring mission to buy a sports car.
The intrepid youngsters had apparently been digging their escape route for several days, writes Agence France-Presse.They then made their move when teachers and students were on a walk in the kindergarten grounds.
After breaking free of their nursery school in the city of Magnitogorsk, in the Urals region, the pair walked just over a mile to a luxury car showroom.
When a woman saw the unaccompanied boys and asked what they were doing, they replied that they wanted to buy a Jaguar but didn’t have any money, local paper Komsomolskaya Pravda reported. The children were then taken to a police station.
The teacher in charge at the time has been fired from the kindergarten and the acting head was given a warning.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out