A pair of five-year-old boys in Russia managed to escape their kindergarten by digging a hole under a fence with toy spades and went on a daring mission to buy a sports car.
The intrepid youngsters had apparently been digging their escape route for several days, writes Agence France-Presse.They then made their move when teachers and students were on a walk in the kindergarten grounds.
After breaking free of their nursery school in the city of Magnitogorsk, in the Urals region, the pair walked just over a mile to a luxury car showroom.
When a woman saw the unaccompanied boys and asked what they were doing, they replied that they wanted to buy a Jaguar but didn’t have any money, local paper Komsomolskaya Pravda reported. The children were then taken to a police station.
The teacher in charge at the time has been fired from the kindergarten and the acting head was given a warning.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Helen Regan at email@example.com