Beloved feline celebrity Grumpy Cat threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Monday’s game between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the San Francisco Giants. And no, we don’t mean she literally threw the pitch herself, because she is a cat.
What Grumpy Cat did was touch the ball with her paw (while wearing a Diamondbacks jersey) and then hang back while a human threw it for her:
Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, was born about 50 miles from Phoenix, so she’s something of a hometown hero. She was obviously not excited about any of this, but the Diamondbacks sure were. Let’s look to the team’s Twitter feed for evidence of their exuberance:
Stay tuned for for Grumpy Cat’s new wax figure, debuting later this year at Madame Tussauds.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement