The Ford Mustang is a classic muscle car — smooth curves, just enough power, and an all-American back story strong enough to have a great song written about it. The newest iteration of the car is also, apparently, the most popular sports car among American woman, according to Bloomberg.
Mustangs hold a 36% share of sports car purchases by woman this year.
“Women like it because it is a practical choice,” Erich Merkle, Ford’s U.S. sales analyst, told Bloomberg. “It looks great, and it provides good performance and fuel efficiency.”
The EcoBoost engine, which has four cylinders and is the most efficient option, is more popular among woman drivers than the V6 and V8 engine options. Woman buying Mustangs are also more likely to go with the drop top option than men.
It isn’t just women buying the car, though — the Mustang is likely to be the most popular sports car worldwide for 2015. This version of the Mustang was revealed at the end of 2013 to much fanfare, as the 2015 model year represents the 50th anniversary of the original vehicle.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer