Mad Men star Jon Hamm and longtime partner Jennifer Westfeldt have ended their relationship.
“With great sadness, we have decided to separate, after 18 years of love and shared history,” the couple said in a joint statement, first reported by People. “We will continue to be supportive of each other in every way possible moving forward.”
Earlier this year, Hamm completed rehab for alcohol abuse. The couple fended off rumors that they were breaking up, releasing a statement in April saying they were still together. Hamm credited Westfeldt for her support through his time in rehab.
Hamm and Westfeldt began dating in 1997. The couple starred together in the 2011 film Friends with Kids.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now