New Hampshire is feeling the Bern.
Bernie Sanders now has a nine-point lead over Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire and has gained ground on her in Iowa, according to a new NBC News/Marist poll.
Sanders’ New Hampshire numbers stand at 41% to Clinton’s 32%. In July’s NBC/Marist poll, the numbers were reversed: Clinton led at 42% with Sanders just behind at 32%.
Clinton’s Iowa numbers have dived as well. She maintains a lead against the senator, with 38% of voters compared to his 27%, but that’s compared to July’s numbers, which had Clinton at 49% and Sanders at 27%
Polls also suggest that Vice President Joe Biden—who has demurred on whether he would be willing to make a run for the White House in 2016—is polling well without even technically being a candidate: in New Hampshire, Biden is pulling 16% of the vote, and in Iowa, he has 20%.
More likely Democratic voters had a favorable view of Biden compared to Clinton, according to the poll.
On the Republican side, Trump maintains a comfortable lead, with a 7-point advantage in Iowa, with 29% of likely GOP voters and a 16-point lead (28%) in New Hampshire.
Ben Carson is polling second in Iowa, with 22%; John Kasich is a distant second in New Hampshire with 12% and Carson in third at 11%.
The poll of Iowa was conducted between Aug. 26 and Sept. and polled 998 registered voters with margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. The New Hampshire poll was conducted over the same period, using 966 registered voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World