The Taylor Swift-Kanye West friendship was fortified Friday.
Less than a week after the singer presented her former VMAs nemesis with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, Swift received flowers from hip-hop star West. It’s quite the floral arrangement.
After the introduction, Swift stood by Kim Kardashian West during Kanye’s sprawling 10-minute-plus speech. It concluded with the 38-year-old announcing his intention to run for President in 2020. Swift seems to have aligned herself as the vice president on the star’s ticket, given the hashtag choice. (Alas, like any presidential candidate, a veep candidate has to be at least 35. Swift will be 31 by a January 2021 inauguration.)
Five years out might be early to pick a running mate, but #KanTay2020 will have tons of momentum by time that election comes around.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating