Buffalo Wild Wings is focusing on its sauces to attract Millennials.
The fast food chain has a Mountain Dew sauce in development in order to reach younger consumers, according to Bloomberg. It’ll reportedly be released later this year.
The reasoning behind making sauces a go-to addition to fast food chain menus is this: Younger customers have “bolder tastes,” according to the publication. By adding additional types of condiments, chances are a Millennial diner will find a flavor he or she wants, which means return sales.
Buffalo Wild Wings’ Mountain Dew sauce isn’t the only new flavor out there. Bloomberg reported that Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has a red hot honey sauce coming out later this year, while Chick-Fil-A is also experimenting with its offerings.
As the article notes:
In other food news, Kraft Heinz has expanded its Kraft Singles cheese slice recall from around 30,000 to over 300,000.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma