The Trump campaign has said it is considering pressing charges against a protester who got in an altercation with a Trump security team member.
The incident occurred after protesters had gathered at Trump Plaza Wednesday to protest Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy. After a security guard took one protesters’ sign, a man identified by NY1 as Efraín Galicia chased the guard and grabbed him. The guard then hit the protester in the face. The entire incident was caught on camera.
Galicia compared his treatment to the way Trump security handled Jorge Ramos, the Univision news anchor. Ramos was removed from a Trump press conference last week after asking pointed questions to the presidential candidate.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating