The Trump campaign has said it is considering pressing charges against a protester who got in an altercation with a Trump security team member.
The incident occurred after protesters had gathered at Trump Plaza Wednesday to protest Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy. After a security guard took one protesters’ sign, a man identified by NY1 as Efraín Galicia chased the guard and grabbed him. The guard then hit the protester in the face. The entire incident was caught on camera.
Galicia compared his treatment to the way Trump security handled Jorge Ramos, the Univision news anchor. Ramos was removed from a Trump press conference last week after asking pointed questions to the presidential candidate.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving