When life handed this Texas State student a DWI-sized lemon, she made lemonade.
Tara Monroe, a junior at Texas State, was spotted zipping around campus in her tiny Barbie Jeep after having her license suspended for refusing to take a breathalyzer test after a rap concert, according to MySanAntonio.com. Her dad brought her a bike to replace the car she could no longer drive, but Monroe thinks biking around campus “sucks.”
“Like really sucks,” the 20-year-old told the website.
So, she got innovative. She tracked down a little girl unloading a Barbie Jeep via craigslist, bought the car for $60, and drove off in the sunset.
Folks around town (and on the internet) have really gotten a kick out of seeing the 20-year-old buzz around campus, living out the fantasy of Barbie girls across the globe and Monroe relishes the attention.
“This is the best way I could have gotten my 15 minutes of fame,” she said. “Basically, it was the best decision I’ve made in college, yet.”
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement