LittleBits, a New York-based company headed by CEO Ayah Bdeir, makes color-coded electronic sets for kids and adults alike. Pre-made kits help children make gadgets like musical instruments and robotic cars, while the company also encourages builders to cook up entirely new inventions of their own. LittleBits works closely with educators to help them teach electronics and basic coding skills.
Ultimately, Bdeir’s goal is to get more young people thinking about electronics and how hardware is built. TIME recently caught up with Bdeir at LittleBits’ temporary pop-up store in downtown New York. To learn more about LittleBits, watch the video above.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time