Celebrities are voicing concerns about the welfare of scores of migrants seeking haven in Europe after fleeing north from North Africa and the Middle East.
J.K. Rowling is Tweeting on her own as well as retweeting users calling British Prime Minister David Cameron’s stance on refugees ‘utterly shameful’ and linked to a petition for the United Kingdom to accept more asylum seekers.
She also tweeted a cover of British newspaper the Daily Express, featuring a cover line that reads: “Moving Story of a Dog’s 11-year Hunt For a Home.”
John Green promised to match donations to author Patrick Ness’ fundraising page for Save The Children, to help the refugees.
Olivia Wilde, in a dig on Donald Trump, retweeted Sophia Bush, who shed light on Iceland taking in more Syrian refugees.
Samantha Morton, who’ll star in the upcoming Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, has also been vocal on social media.
And Angelina Jolie, in her continued humanitarian efforts, visited refugee families earlier this year for World Refugee Day with her daughter Shiloh.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve