New Jersey Governor and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie was a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Monday night.
In his monologue, Fallon joked that the politician showed up in one of Miley Cyrus’s outfits from the MTV Video Music Awards.
During the interview, Christie said he would “go nuclear” if he does not get enough questions directed towards him at the next GOP primary debate.
He also told a story about how he and Marco Rubio stayed with Mitt Romney’s family the night before the July 4 parade in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. When Christie said the families all went on a boat ride to get ice cream, Fallon joked that the pol’s reaction to getting ice cream must have been “Yahoo!” That’s when the N.J. politician jokingly walked off the stage. When he “cooled off” and sat back down, he told the comedian, “If I ever leave public life, you’re going to have to hire two writers just to replace the garbage you say about me.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was