New Jersey Governor and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie was a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Monday night.
In his monologue, Fallon joked that the politician showed up in one of Miley Cyrus’s outfits from the MTV Video Music Awards.
During the interview, Christie said he would “go nuclear” if he does not get enough questions directed towards him at the next GOP primary debate.
He also told a story about how he and Marco Rubio stayed with Mitt Romney’s family the night before the July 4 parade in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. When Christie said the families all went on a boat ride to get ice cream, Fallon joked that the pol’s reaction to getting ice cream must have been “Yahoo!” That’s when the N.J. politician jokingly walked off the stage. When he “cooled off” and sat back down, he told the comedian, “If I ever leave public life, you’re going to have to hire two writers just to replace the garbage you say about me.”
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now