Lena Dunham, when she’s not working on Girls or musing about her childhood for The New Yorker, has a newsletter, Lenny, that’s about to launch. For its preview “summer fiction” issue, the writer-actress-filmmaker published a short story, “Six Sausages,” in which a woman plans a weekend with her visiting not-quite-boyfriend in New York City – only to question whether it had gone the way she wanted it to, and whether it would mean anything at all.
Read the opening paragraphs here:
For more, head over to Lenny.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now