If you want to hear a sound that’s annoying, terrifying and, somehow, totally captivating at the same time, check out this video that started going viral over the weekend. It features a single hand reaching into a large container full of inflatable squeaky ducks, prompting them all to scream in unison. It’s rather hellish.
A version of the video was uploaded to Vine, where it has been looped more than 36 million times. However, as Mashable points out, an Instagram user named Kevin Synnes claims to be the original creator. Behold his video, uploaded on Aug. 29:
Naturally, this has already become a meme, and people have been having a lot of fun interpreting it:
Good luck trying to sleep tonight.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror