If you want to hear a sound that’s annoying, terrifying and, somehow, totally captivating at the same time, check out this video that started going viral over the weekend. It features a single hand reaching into a large container full of inflatable squeaky ducks, prompting them all to scream in unison. It’s rather hellish.
A version of the video was uploaded to Vine, where it has been looped more than 36 million times. However, as Mashable points out, an Instagram user named Kevin Synnes claims to be the original creator. Behold his video, uploaded on Aug. 29:
Naturally, this has already become a meme, and people have been having a lot of fun interpreting it:
Good luck trying to sleep tonight.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now