At the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles — hosted by human Instagram feed Miley Cyrus — the Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber showed up sporting a new blond hairstyle made up of oversized bangs hanging off one side of his head. The edgy haircut’s “bad boy” look showed how much he has grown up since 2009, when he burst onto the scene sporting a more boyish bowl cut.
Many said the new style made him look like reality star Kate Gosselin . . .
. . . and he showed he got the joke by posting this photo of the two of them on Instagram:
Here are some of the other comparisons that people have made:
At the same time web users were making memes about his hair, the pop star released a music video for “What Do You Mean?” — perhaps to take attention off of his new hairdo? You can watch the clip below:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time