One adorable Dachshund — better known as a wiener dog — won the hearts of minor league baseball fans on Saturday night when the canine escaped from its handlers and ran wild around the field.
The wiener dog, whom owners eventually got ahold of, was just one of several wiener dogs on the field for a dog race hosted by the El Paso Chihuahuas (that’s the name of the baseball team) in partnership with hot dog chain Weinerschnitzel.
Several players and ballpark staff tried to catch the pup, who managed to evade capture for about two minutes before rolling onto his back for some well-deserved belly rubs.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer