One adorable Dachshund — better known as a wiener dog — won the hearts of minor league baseball fans on Saturday night when the canine escaped from its handlers and ran wild around the field.
The wiener dog, whom owners eventually got ahold of, was just one of several wiener dogs on the field for a dog race hosted by the El Paso Chihuahuas (that’s the name of the baseball team) in partnership with hot dog chain Weinerschnitzel.
Several players and ballpark staff tried to catch the pup, who managed to evade capture for about two minutes before rolling onto his back for some well-deserved belly rubs.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This