Ronda Rousey is an undefeated mixed martial artist, actress, model and now, apparently, a Carl’s Jr. spokesperson. The burger chain just released an ad which features Rousey chowing down on its latest menu item: the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Breakfast Sandwich. (Carl’s Jr., it should be noted, has long been criticized for sexist advertisements.)
Somehow, Rousey makes this sandwich — which features sausage, egg, cheese and syrup wedged between two slices of French toast — look kind of healthy. The ad alternates between footage of Rousey chowing down on the sandwich and footage of her pummeling opponents in the ring.
Clearly, this is a ploy to make us think the sandwich is packed with nutrients that could give us Ronda Rousey levels of energy, strength and power. And clearly, this ploy totally works.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating