Ronda Rousey is an undefeated mixed martial artist, actress, model and now, apparently, a Carl’s Jr. spokesperson. The burger chain just released an ad which features Rousey chowing down on its latest menu item: the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Breakfast Sandwich. (Carl’s Jr., it should be noted, has long been criticized for sexist advertisements.)
Somehow, Rousey makes this sandwich — which features sausage, egg, cheese and syrup wedged between two slices of French toast — look kind of healthy. The ad alternates between footage of Rousey chowing down on the sandwich and footage of her pummeling opponents in the ring.
Clearly, this is a ploy to make us think the sandwich is packed with nutrients that could give us Ronda Rousey levels of energy, strength and power. And clearly, this ploy totally works.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com