As the Leader of the Free World, Barack Obama is used to facing tough opponents. But apparently he met his match on the golf course when he played Derek Jeter, the former baseball shortstop.
At an event Monday at the home of Las Vegas Sun owner Brian Greenspun, Obama told a story about playing golf with him and the former Yankees player in November, the LA Times reports.
“He and Derek Jeter stole money from me at Shadow Creek,” the President said. “It was clearly a setup, because when we got to the practice range, he was shanking balls everywhere. I said, ‘You play golf, Derek?’ And he said, ‘I just started two weeks ago.’”
Obama gave Jeter a 30-stroke handicap, but that decision cost him in the end: “We had to take a picture of me handing Derek Jeter money at the end of the game,” he said.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time